Similar to the jalapeno plants, tomatoes are always present in my summer garden. Beefsteak, heirlooms, cherry, and some sort of plum tomatoes are usually in the mix. Travis loves a good beefsteak tomato sliced onto a sandwich. I feel there’s nothing better than a warm, just-picked heirloom tomato drizzled with olive oil, sea salt, and a chiffonade of fresh basil from the garden. The cherry tomatoes are for salads or oven roasting with garlic (scooped up with crusty baguettes). And the plum tomatoes get crushed and canned or pureed into sauce. I’ve tried growing San Marzano varieties and they don’t do well, so I just stick with the hearty plum tomato starts from the nursery.
- @SCalliss The sheep are safe aren’t they?! So he’s doing a good job! 4 months ago
- @homesliced What?! 4 months ago
- Everyone should have a BFF who buys you a very cute goat. Thank you, cam1lles! #yougoatmail #bff… instagram.com/p/BIsfRUKg2aL/ 2 years ago
- I guess I was done with that? #catsofinstagram #needanewwaterglass instagram.com/p/BIl8JaZgPqc/ 2 years ago
- Stopped for BBQ and some sours. #roadtriphome #notreallyontheway @ Beachwood BBQ Blendery instagram.com/p/BH-fmsIhNvs/ 2 years ago
talk to us!