For the first time, since we got chickens a year and a half ago, I had to buy eggs. For the last six months or so, we had been accumulating eggs so quickly I was giving away a dozen eggs once we had 3 or 4 dozen in the fridge. Then egg laying dropped dramatically and I was only finding one egg every other day or so. One of our hens (Ginger) is molting, so she has a pretty good excuse (molting chickens typically don’t lay, but it also takes them almost 6 months to get back to laying). But the other two are just fine and should be laying, but they’re not. Maybe they don’t like the new chickens running around in their pen. Or maybe the darker days are just really messing with the egg schedule. In any case, I went to make breakfast one morning and found 2 eggs in the egg carton.
- @SCalliss The sheep are safe aren’t they?! So he’s doing a good job! 3 years ago
- @homesliced What?! 3 years ago
- Everyone should have a BFF who buys you a very cute goat. Thank you, cam1lles! #yougoatmail #bff… instagram.com/p/BIsfRUKg2aL/ 5 years ago
- I guess I was done with that? #catsofinstagram #needanewwaterglass instagram.com/p/BIl8JaZgPqc/ 5 years ago
- Stopped for BBQ and some sours. #roadtriphome #notreallyontheway @ Beachwood BBQ Blendery instagram.com/p/BH-fmsIhNvs/ 5 years ago
talk to us!