Communities are amazing things: they invite you in, give you a sense of home, and rally around their own at any given time. I have been blessed to be part of many communities – alumni, engineers, friends, family, and food bloggers – and I have never been let down by any of them.
Perhaps you’ve heard of Jennie Perillo and her sudden loss. It’s something I try not to think of, as I can’t imagine how I would pick up the million pieces of my heart should the same thing happen in my life. I am in awe of of Jennie’s strength and courage.
I do not know Jennie, but I know she is part of this food community that has enriched my life and brought so many wonderful people into my circle. It is so heart-warming to see this community send their love the best way we can – through food. Bloggers Without Borders has created A Fund for Jennie and there are auctions galore and donations a-plenty. Every day, the total numbers grow and #AFundForJennie continues to show the love being sent from all of us.
Marie from Meandering Eats rallied some San Diego food bloggers to assemble a basket to put up for auction. The basket holds pieces of San Diego and food made with love, and we would love to see it bring a little piece of us into your home.
The basket includes:
- Reusable totes from San Diego Zoo and chocolates from local chocolatier Eclipse Chocolat from Jenny of Vintage Sugarcube
- Fish taco kit (spices, sauce, tortillas, and recipe) and an apron from Amy of Do You Know the Muffin Pan?
- Candied jalapenos, tomato jam, and bacon brownies from Leanne of Three Dog Kitchen (that’s me!)
- Meyer lemon baby Bundt cakes made with homegrown Meyer lemons from Mary of foodies: a southern california food blog
- San Diego Chargers cap from Lori of Recipe Girl
- Temecula Olive Oil Company olive oil/balsamic vinegar set from Kristen of Life & Food
- Just Grill This! cookbook by San Diego’s Sam the Cooking Guy from Susanne of Lil Ms. Sueshine
- Three homemade chutneys: mango, cherry apricot, and rhubarb from Liz of Liz the Chef
- Starbucks giftcard from Lisa of The Gonzo Gourmet
- Handmade greeting cards featuring San Diego locales from Kim of Liv Life Too
- World peace cookies and cocoa nib sables from Jenny of Jennywennycakes and Foray Into Food
- Three 24 oz. bottles of San Diego craft brews from Marie of Meandering Eats
The bidding starts at $150 and the auction will close at 11:59 pm (PST) on Friday, September 2, 2011. Please comment and bid directly on Marie’s blog for the auction, or consider donating what you can directly to Bloggers Without Borders.
And then go hug your nearest loved one, kiss your pup on the nose, snuggle a kitty, or pet a chicken.
I can’t believe
I “forgot” to read your weblog
since I discovered it 3 months earlier. Too busy
with work I guess. Anyways I
have it bookmarked now to become
positive that I get
notified as soon as you place
some new content material up.