- I find it really annoying when construction signs show up on our street saying work will be done during a certain period, like Mon-Tues, and then they just change the sign on Wednesday to read “Wed-Thurs”. Why not just start with blocking out your construction work for the entire week? It’s misleading to let me think you’ll be done on Tuesday when, in fact, you have no idea when you’ll be done and you’re just going to keep showing up on a day-to-day basis. Stupid construction.
- I started watching that new show on FOX, Dollhouse. Because I missed the first few shows, I’m kind of intrigued because I’ve been trying to figure out what’s going on. So far, it seems like a show for the skinny, hot girls to prance around, with some occasional action scenes to show that they are, in fact, more than just a pretty face. I also like that they’ve taken the commercial format of Fringe and tell you they will be back in 60/90 seconds. It makes fast-forwarding that much easier. I’m not liking the actual show, Fringe, very much any more.
- Big Love, on HBO, seems like it’s just started but there are only 3 episodes left! I’m seriously considering cancelling HBO after the season is over and then adding it back whenever Big Love comes back. At $13 a month, if the show is only on for 3-4 months, that’s potentially $100 we could be saving. I mean, over the course of the year that’s not really so much, but it’s still $100.
- Maybe it’s because I turned 30, but I’ve suddenly gotten very concerned about taking care of my skin. I mean, aside from working in the yard all weekend and accidentally forgetting about sunscreen. I’ve been trying very hard to remember to wash my face every night and I like Philosophy’s Purity face wash. It smells good, it cleans well, and I only need a little bit of it to do the job. I also bought the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, which is some sort of microdermabrasion-lite wand. It certainly does what it advertises – my face was smoothly polished last night and feels very soft. We’ll see if it does anything for the tiny, tiny wrinkles I’ve been spotting (what? I swear I have wrinkles already).
- We are starting to plan our annual vacation for the year. It’s going to be in June, which is the earliest we’ve ever taken a vacation. I might need a mini-vacation in the fall to make up for it. We’re taking a road trip with one of my best friends and her husband, who collectively make up our best friends, I guess you could say. Of all the people we know, these might be the only two people I would be able to spend an entire week with, travelling in a car and camping along the way.
- @SCalliss The sheep are safe aren’t they?! So he’s doing a good job! 4 years ago
- @homesliced What?! 4 years ago
- Everyone should have a BFF who buys you a very cute goat. Thank you, cam1lles! #yougoatmail #bff… instagram.com/p/BIsfRUKg2aL/ 6 years ago
- I guess I was done with that? #catsofinstagram #needanewwaterglass instagram.com/p/BIl8JaZgPqc/ 6 years ago
- Stopped for BBQ and some sours. #roadtriphome #notreallyontheway @ Beachwood BBQ Blendery instagram.com/p/BH-fmsIhNvs/ 6 years ago
talk to us!
Other Stuff on the Web
People I Read
San Diego Food Bloggers
- a fine kettle of ish
- A Radiused Corner
- Alice Q.
- CAB Cooks
- Do You Know the Muffin Pan
- Eating the Garden
- Firefly Fifty-Five
- foodies: a southern california food blog
- Foray Into Food
- From the Little Yellow Kitchen
- Kirbie's Cravings
- Little Blue Hen
- Meandering Eats
- my burning kitchen
- Panini Happy
- Pink Candle at Ridgemont High
- Sass & Veracity
- The Cilantropist
- The Gonzo Gourmet
- Vintage Sugarcube
In terms of looking after your skin, a daily moisturiser with spf works wonders. I use neutrogena spf 30 with a light tint. If I put it on as part of my routine, then I hardly ever forget
I’m actually a fan of Aveeno moisturizers… spf 30 during the day and their nighttime cream, too.