Our 4th CSA box was today. I asked T to pick it up because I had a candle party to go to. I spent way too much on candles, by the way. I’ll take a picture of the goodies later and post it here, but it’ll be after the weekend as we are going to Idyllwild.
What did we get? Well, let me tell you:
- a sack of more than 4 zucchini (why?)
- a sack of regular tomatoes
- a small box of 4 heirloom tomatoes (from Trader Joe’s?)
- bunch of arugula
- bok choy (yay!)
- green chard (better than collard greens)
- head of lettuce
- sack of peaches (hooray! so looking forward to these!)
- a big bag of green beans (I have a recipe to try out for these, too)
I’m glad to have the bok choy instead of collard greens, as the pick list was suggesting. I’m also glad to see all the tomatoes. I really don’t know why we have to get more than 4 zucchini, as I was slacking on what to do with even that!
As this is the end of our trial, I’ll be sending in a check to continue with Be Wise Ranch. I want to see what we get throughout the year. I’ll most likely stop in the summer, as I can grow green beans, tomatoes, and zucchini just fine in my garden and I don’t look forward to the hoards of chard, mizuna, and arugula. The radishes were good, though.